- The following references were used in the development of this online induction resource:
- Alzheimer’s Disease International (2010) Living with and caring for a person with dementia. http://www.alz.co.uk/carers/caring.html
- Armstrong D, Sloan S, Mathieson A (2011) Leading Accountable and Professional Care. A companion for senior charge nurses and midwives in Scotland. Edinburgh: NHS Education for Scotland http://www.nes.scot.nhs.uk/media/359458/leading_accountable_and_profressional_care_.pdf
- Department of Health (2011) Adult safeguarding: statement of government policy.https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/adult-safeguarding-statement-of-government-policy
- Grainger, A., Pegram, A. (editors) (2009) Essential practice for health care assistants, London: Quay Books.
- Ingram, P., Lavery, I. (2009) Clinical skills for health care assistants, Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Keogh K (2014) Shift work and vending machines to blame for poor workplace diet. Nursing Standard 29(8): 14–15.
- NHS Education for Scotland (2007) Cleanliness champion programme. http://www.nes.scot.nhs.uk/initiatives/health care-associated-infection/educational-programmes/cleanliness-champions
- RCN (2012) Record keeping – the facts. London: RCN. (http://www.rcn.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/476753/Record_keeping_cards_V5.pdf)
- RCN/NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement (2007) Developing and sustaining effective teams. Getting started: an introduction and overview, London: RCN. http://www.rcn.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/78735/003115.pdf
- Rollnick, S., Mason, P., Butler, C. (1999) Health behaviour change: a guide for practitioners, Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone.
- Safeguarding Children and Young people: roles and competences for health care staff INTERCOLLEGIATE DOCUMENT. Published by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health 2014 on behalf of the contributing organisations. http://www.lscbchairs.org.uk/sitedata/files/Safeguarding_Children_Heal.pdf
- Scottish Government (2009) Standards for the health care workforce. Public-protection standard statement 1: protecting your patients from harm and abuse, Edinburgh: Scottish Government. http://www.healthworkerstandards.scot.nhs.uk/Documents/2ProtectPatientsfromHarmAbusepdf.pdf
- World Health Organization (2006) BMI classification. http://apps.who.int/bmi/index.jsp?introPage=intro_3.html
- World Health Organization (2011) Five moments for hand hygiene. http://www.who.int/gpsc/tools/Five_moments/en/index.html
- World Health Organization (2011) Public health services. Health Promoting Hospitals Network (HPH). http://www.euro.who.int/en/what-we-do/health-topics/Health-systems/public-health-services/activities/health-promoting-hospitals-network-hph